Walking In freedom
Walking In freedom
What is the goal in life, what is our purpose and what are we seeking for? These are some of the questions that one might pose at some juncture of our life. It is inevitable that without goal or future seeking dreams or ambition, we might become twirl and contorted into a state of uncertainty. Uncertain about what we want in life, what really matters and what is our purpose of being here. I, myself went through this junction before. This kind of self seeking purpose arises from a desire of wanting to know myself.
I feel that I havent been a really good, ideal person. To me, the definition is to be a person who forms good friendship, relationships and kinship. Friendship is just like doing revision for our modules, after attending the lecture, we are suppose to make a consistent and diligent effort to revise and spend time on the module. This can then be translated into a better grade. Friendship needs to be oil and maintain too. Quality time and communication need to be invested after the initial stage of knowing somebody. This allow for trust, dependency, sharing and joy to be developed. To a pity, I think I havent been doing enough for the friends and individuals around me.
Pastor Mevlyns preaching was excellent today. A part of the preaching was on Character, which can be developed via sanctification. That is the cleansing of immorality and the beginning of a holy life.
In the Bible, Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruits of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patient, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.
Altogether, there are nice qualities aka fruits that can be cultivated by leading a holy life. Pastor Melvyn said that we should walk in the spirit and wait for Jesus Christ and as we lead a holy life, we would be able to bear fruits in the spirit. And thus Character and these 9 qualities above would be developed. I was thinking to myself? What are the qualities that I have and what are some of these qualities that shines from my friends and that I can emulate from.
Firstly, Love, I just want to give thanks to Yating, that she have been a loving, fun, playful and humorous girl who never fails to show care and concern whether I am down or out. That she have been there for been all along these one year of being together. I think that, she is someone with an innocent and soft heart who empathize with people easily. I love u yating. So Yating come to my mind when the word love appears.
Secondly, Joy reminded me of the happiness, fun and Joy that lingers whenever we chat heartily or whenever we my OGs friends play games together. I think I should work on this aspect of my life too. I feel that I havent been a great friend to all yet. I will make an effort to be part of ur life too okay?
Thirdly, Peace is the state of feeling that I m feeling when I was thinking about all the fruits of the spirit. When I think about God and I have faith that he will provide and cast all my worries onto him. Believe in him that all things will turned out fine and rainbow would be waiting at the end of the rain. No matter financially, socially, emotionally, god will heal me. On a greater context, peace would be harmony between people of all nations, communicating effectively and working conflicts out. Doing away with all international tension.
As for Patient, still trying to develop this aspect. I have never been a patient person. In secondary school, my good friend, waileong told me that I had a rather hot tempered and I have to deal with my emotions better. I took his advises into account and I try to change. However, in national service, we were trained to be goal-oriented and we were always rushing for time. It somehow gets my character started again. Now, let me redo everything and start learning to be more patient.. Thanks to everyone who have make this possible.
For this aspect of the quality, Yanling left me with quite a deep impression. I remember that, I had a big fight with Ty one of this day and I was hiding in the cubicle. Ivan knows what I am doing rite..? =P Having a tunnel vision with no way out, coupled with a great emotional distress, I could not help but getting lost in the dark cloud of vision that envelops. As I prayed to god, he listens, and Yanling msg me this simple msg that I could never forget. Qinlong, just try to learn to be patient Simple words but it churns out to be the most effective moments in my life. Thanks Yanling.. really appreciate you lots. =P
Yenleng come to my mind when I am shown with the word kindness. Think that she had been very nice, sweet and kind to all her friends. It is the little things that she do that really touches us. She remembers the small details which seems trivial but is actually important to us. She had been very encouraging and kind towards her friends. For i.e. when I had an internship interview, she wrote a card to me.. Someone who may try to act loud at times but the temper that she had is worth my admiration. Havent see her getting angry before, although I already tested her patience for a few times already. Thanks for being so magnanimous and for being my friend! So nice.. =P
None other can fight with Kenny in terms of faithfulness. Think that this guy is really very committed to his girlfriend. I feel that he is a very faithful guy who give his all into his relationship. Mm.. Can see that he is a faithful and caring person.
We can link gentleness to cailing ba. Always appear to speak in her gentle tone and very caring towards her friends. Think both cailing and Yonglin are very gentle person. This was illustrated in the canteen when his attitude exudes a sense of gentleness and even yating mentioned, Qinlong, can u be more like him =P
Ivan can be considered quite good. Though everytime, I joke around asking him to send me back to Boon lay though he live in Potong Pasir, he know that I didnt mean it. However, there was this time that I were really sick and having a bad headache. HE actually wanted to send me all the way home. Think his language of love is to go the extra mile for people. =P Usually, he will send all the gals back to their respective homes though he might have to make a big detour. Recently, he treated Yating and me to Sakae Sushi. All of us, went in by faith, knowing that we are quite poor recently. IN the end, he paid for us. Thanks Ivan. Anyway, I feel that I have been closer to u last year, last sem as comparative to this sem. Think I will continue to make efforts to be good friend and DB again okay. Just dun get angry with me easily k? *REJECT, Reject, Reject!!
=P We can resolve any inter- tension or conflict with more effective communication okay. i.e. Ultimately, we know that we are out to care and show brotherly love for one another. Conflict is just a disagreement on a certain part of our tots but not on our love.
All in all, wat I have just describe above are my opinions and role models on certain aspects of qualities that I can emulate on. Certainty, everybody possess more character than just one. But I think that I am still falling behind certain qualities. God had planted a seed in my life for me to grow.. so that the when the seed matures, the fruits of the spirit will show its power. And what I really want is to walk in step with the holy spirit, that is my vision and to grow fruits. Love, Joy, Peace, Patient, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home