My Post-marathon tots
I thought I couldn’t finish the race le.
During the marathon, I ate 2 power gel and drank a lot of water and my stomach begins to feel very funny at the 33km mark. The pain seems so unbearable that it forces me to stop time and again, which breaks my momentum for the run. However, I tried my best to run, knowing that Yating will be at the 37km mark, waiting for me and supporting me. At the mean time, I thought of the lord, yating and ronghui as they have been supportive people in my life.
AS I reached the 33 km mark, I couldn’t take it anymore and I took off my shirt. With a series of leap and bound and stop, I was trying very hard not to think of the pain in my stomach. But the pain was quite unbearable.
When I finally reached 37km, with all my strength left, I waive at Yating, and when I saw her, I gave her the “I am in super pain” look. Hope I didn’t scare u dear.
It is a race that I never forget. A couple of time, it became so bad that I was squatting by the side, trying to prevent myself from vomiting. Luckily I didn’t and at the 37 km, I was like forcing myself to swing my hands widely, like very silly pose like that.
In the end, at the 39 km mark, I started to look at the timing and I realized that I can still make it under 5hrs. With my final burst of energy and with pride, I started running again, this time with confidence and momentum, finishing the race at 4hrs 58 mins.
Just wanna give thanks to all who have sms me showing ur care, support and love. Thanks for the prayers, ronghui, thanks for showing me care, love and support, my dear darling. It is a blessing to have u in my life. To all my friends and cell brothers!!! Thanks.. Hope we can all run together in the years to come. Take care pple.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home