Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

# January 2004
# October 2004
# November 2004
# December 2004
# January 2005
# February 2005
# March 2005
# April 2005
# May 2005
# June 2005
# July 2005
# August 2005
# September 2005
# October 2005
# November 2005
# December 2005
# January 2006
# February 2006
# March 2006
# April 2006
# May 2006
# June 2006
# July 2006
# October 2006
# December 2006
# January 2007
# May 2007
# February 2008
# March 2008
# June 2008
# July 2008
# August 2008
# September 2008
# October 2008
# June 2009
# April 2012

Your Prayers


Powered by counter.bloke.com

Friends

Cailing
Karangpongpuchi
Kenny
Jane
Jennifer
Joy
OG's Forum
Steven
Wanzi
Weixin
Valli
Yenleng

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Baptism

Hey whoever happens to be reading my blog or just happens to pass my. I am excited to share my joy with you!! I am finally baptized. I am a first generation christian in my family and i am proud to be one. I am happy about my decision and to get baptized is something that i have long wish to do.

I am happy to be able to get the approval of my mum at least. She actually came for my baptism service.

THanks to everyone, who have make an effort to come for the baptism service and to celebrate this happy occasion with me. It is indeed a joy to see your presence. THough your presence is spread throughout the auditorium, i am happy that You are witnesses of my faith and glad that You are here!! Thanks for making my day!!

Just want to share my personal testimony with whoever wanna read.

1) Before I trusted Christ
My family, especially my mum have always shower me with her love, so much so that I was generally an obedient and kind natured boy who always have the impression that being good and kind enough would be sufficient to do good in this world. Doing things and trusting myself was what I believe in initially. It was until a certain point in time when I really ponder hard about the meaning and purposes in my life that I felt a strong overwhelming feeling that there was a void in my life.

2) How I trusted Christ
Back in my national service days, whereby some days could get pretty tough in 3rd guards, I always found comfort in speaking to some of my army friends who were Christian. During one of our guard duty together, I was very touched by one of them who told me that I was in his 3 * 3 prayers list and he has been praying faithfully for me everyday. He has planted a seed in my heart, about Christ. I attend cell group a few times but due to the heavy commitment in SISPEC, an advanced infantry leader course in National service, I backslided.

It was during NUS days, when I was invited to watch the Passion of Christ by some of my Orientation Group friend that I realized how much he had suffered on the cross just to take our sins away. I trusted the lord, this time, with all my heart.

3) After I trusted Christ

After trusting and believing in God, he has fulfilled the spiritual void in my life. There wasn’t any more feeling of vacuum in my life. However, life continues to be challenging, and there were many tough experiences. Success and failure came and went, but my cell brothers and leader were always faithfully staying by my side, praying for me and encouraging me in difficult times.

I am really glad that God have provided me with many counsels who are very wise. Personally I am someone who likes to emulate role models and having role model who builds their foundations on Christ will not go wrong. Some of my major decision in my life also include whether if I should continue my fourth year of studies in NUS, and seeking Godly counsel allow me to make a decision that is closer to God’s heart and my desires.

As I didn’t come from a very well to do family, I decided to earn my own allowance during my university year. There was a time whereby I was pretty much low on cash and had less than $100. I didn’t want to ask for my mum because I have not been asking her for allowance since my junior college. Yet on the other hand, there was a kind of pressure in thinking of how to make ends meet for the next day. It was also this time that miraculously, 3 tuitions assignments came to me. Two of the assignments were from people that I know from church. Indeed, God always provide a way out for us, and we shall not be in want.

 

 
 

 

<---design by chris at http://raindrops25.blogspot.com---> Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com